2008-05-18

Give Me Just A Little More Time...

Hi, folks -

Thanks for the kind comments about my father's passing. It means a lot to hear from folks who inspired me to get off my ass and start doing this. It means just as much to hear from folks who love the music and don't run a blog. I'm holding up, doing my best to live my life in a way that honors Pop and all the things he taught me. I'll keep doing that, for sure.

I have to take care of so much business over the next few weeks that I might not be able to post much for a while, so this and the next post or two will be loaded. They'll be things I posted to the contributions section of On The Outside Looking In (come back, oldsoulrebel and Soul Man Red!).



Chairmen of the Board - Finders Keepers, The Invictus Anthology

3-disc box, Castle, 2002 @ 192 - in print and very much worth owning!

Disc 1 - part 1 | part 2
Disc 2 - part 1 | part 2
Disc 3 - part 1 | part 2

Their monster 1974 album, Skin I'm In, is part of the set, but the tracks are (slightly) out of order. I copied the tracks and re-tagged them. All the tracks are also present in the 3-disc files, too, of course.

Skin I'm In

A good rip of their first LP is at FUNK MY SOUL.

I'll try to post all the Nina Simone Philips albums as soon as I can, try my best to keep up with comments (thanks, everybody!) and I'll post a few links to favorite posts at other blogs. See you soon!

In harmony,
Chris

5 comments:

jahcisco said...

thank you.

the rapper said...

Thanks for posting this, their albums seem to be very difficult to get hold of!

Radek said...

Thank you very much. Great music.

Funky Skynet said...

Thank you for "Skin i'm in". Another P-Funk clone for my soul !

Anonymous said...

Thanks for Skin I'm In. I might pick up that anthology