2008-05-10

From Within



Dionne Warwicke, Scepter double LP, 1972 @ 320

This rip is for VINCENT!

I read somewhere that an astrologer or a numerologist told Dionne to add an "e" to the end of her last name.

This compilation was taken from two non-Bacharach Scepter LPs (I'm looking for both of them). The Magic of Believing (1968) is a gospel album. Soulful (1969) is an album of soul covers. Some previously unreleased tracks were added. Some of the tracks are on the Hidden Gems CD. Only Unchained Melody was arranged by Bacharach. Some people say this is a bad album, but what the hell do they know?

I recently found a cleaner copy of this. When I get a chance, I'll replace this rip, as it's a little noisy.

I.

01. Battle Hymn Of The Republic
02. Somebody Bigger Than You And I
03. Grace
04. People Get Ready
05. Steal Away
06. Jesus Will
07. Summertime
08. You'll Never Walk Alone
09. Unchained Melody
10. Medley: Reach Out And Touch / All Kinds Of People
11. Macarthur Park
12. To Be Young, Gifted And Black
13. Give A Damn
14. This Little Light
15. Slaves
16. People Got To Be Free

II.

01. The Love Of My Man
02. I've Been Loving You Too Long
03. Do Right Woman, Do Right Man
04. Hurts So Bad
05. The Weight
06. Our Ages Or Our Hearts
07. You've Lost That Loving Feeling
08. Someday We'll Be Together
09. We Can Work It Out
10. If You Let Me Make Love To You Then Why Can't I Touch You
11. I'm Your Puppet
12. Stand
13. Games People Play
14. Loving You Is Sweeter Than Ever
15. You're All I Need To Get By
16. Everyday People

Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

8 comments:

soulbrotha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
soulbrotha said...

Chris, thanks for the Dionne.

However the link "Part 2" is not working.

BN-B said...

Hey, soulbrotha, welcome - good to see you here!

The link is fixed.

In harmony,
Chris

soulbrotha said...

Thanks Chris. Rock on!

Anonymous said...

Great album! It is a little noisy as you said but it isn't bad at all. I am very pleased with the quality.

Thanks!

Bob

BN-B said...

You're welcome, Bob - thanks for the comment!

I'm not a perfectionist, but I'd like to give folks a cleaner rip, when I can. Maybe not very quickly, but I'll try!

In harmony,
Chris

Anonymous said...

Hey Chris. I just scored a copy of Soulin' from my uncle today along with a bunch of other great stuff that I'd love to share. Feel free to drop me an email if you're interested

Anonymous said...

oops, I meant to say "Soulful"... In any event, I'll be busy ripping vinyl all week.